2013 Official Selection of the Crus Bourgeois du Médoc
Today (09/22/2015) was the presentation of the 2013 Official Selection of the Crus Bourgeois. This vintage is known as being difficult and heterogeneous. However in all difficult vintages the terroir and the expertise/know-how of the winemaker can make the difference.
251 Crus Bourgeois du Médoc make up the new Official Selection for the 2013 vintage, representing:
- Approximately 30% of the Médoc’s area in some of the region’s most prestigious AOCs: Médoc, Haut-Médoc, Listrac-Médoc, Moulis, Margaux, Pauillac and Saint-Estèphe
- 20 million bottles to be marketed in France and abroad
- Approximately 25 % of the Médoc’s production
The full list of the 2013 Official Selection of the Crus Bourgeois du Médoc is available here.
For a reminder on the previous Official Selections of Crus Bourgeois
- 2008 Official Selection – 243 Crus Bourgeois du Médoc (25 million bottles )
- 2009 Official Selection – 246 Crus Bourgeois du Médoc (32 million bottles )
- 2010 Official Selection – 260 Crus Bourgeois du Médoc (32 million bottles )
- 2011 Official Selection – 256 Crus Bourgeois du Médoc (28 million bottles)
- 2012 Official Selection – 267 Crus Bourgeois du Médoc (29 million bottles)
Corresponding to a total of 166 million bottles released onto the market over six years.