Bordeaux Wine Festival 2014
A great program for the 9th edition of the Bordeaux Wine Festival !
From June 26 to June 29 2014 will be held at Bordeaux the 9th edition of Bordeaux Wine Festival. This event, organized every two years in each edition Vinexpo knows a growing success in France but also abroad. As every year many chateaux (almost 80 Wine appellations) will be present along the 2km of the Garonne river banks classified as World Heritage by UNESCO to make you discover their wines, their terroirs and their winemakers! Will also present a few “gourmet” stalls on which you’ll be able to eat foie gras, duck, oysters, cheeses and other gourmet regional products …
To enjoy the extensive wine list you will have to take a “Tasting Pass.” At time of the purchase you will receive:
- A wx-printed glass in its case
- 8 tasting coupons (one per building)
- 1 ticket rosé
- 1 ticket Crémant (sparkling)
- 1 ticket for a wine “coup de coeur”
- 2 tickets to the tasting Vintage pavilions
- 1 voucher for a tasting workshop with the Ecole du Vin de Bordeaux
- 1 voucher for a guided tour of the cellars of Millésima
- € 5 Off when buying an Official polo / t-shirt
- 1 free entry to CAPC
- 1 free entry to the « musée des Douanes »
- 1 tickarte TBC (tramway + Buses)
Buying Pass tasting is available online or on place. (15 € in advance, € 20 on place)
This year on the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary a joint sponsorship between Bordeaux and Los Angeles will take place and this last cuty will be honored. To celebrate this many events will rely in place such as a pavilion dedicated to the city of Los Angeles, California artists exhibitions, screenings of Hollywood films as well as culinary events facilitated by John Rivera Sedlar (California chef) with of course Wine & Food pairings tips …
Concerning the program this new edition of the Bordeaux Wine Festival 2014 will be rich in emotion!
Here is a list of what you can expect:
- Tasting wines from Bordeaux and Aquitaine
- Exhibition of California Artists at the CAPC and at the Musée d’Aquitaine
- Special offers “Bordeaux Wine Festival” in many restaurant
- Workshops about wine & food pairing facilitated by the Ecole du Vin de Bordeaux
- Visit the Mexican boat with four mats the “Santa Maria Manuella”
- An International Fireworks Festival with several countries competing. The fireworks will take place each evening.
- A space dedicated to classics film of Hollywood (two screenings per day)
- A « street art » Animations : few artists that will customize bottles sizes XXL (Jardin des Arts)
- The Bordeaux Music Festival (4 concerts)
- A sound & image that will be projected onto the facade of the Palais de la Bourse
- A wine route and discoveries along the waterfront
- A literary contest “The Literary cuvée” vote for your favorite book from the book selection « coup de cœur » and try to win the book and a box of 6 bottles.
- Sessions signings every day from 4pm to 7pm (near the water mirror)
- Master Class 1er Cru
- The exhibition of the World largest cork barrel
Bordeaux Wine Festival seduces the national but also international public. Indeed, after Hong Kong and Quebec, the Bordeaux Wine Festival will open a new editon from 11th to 14th September in Brussels. It will join the “Eat Brussels festival! “(Read the Announcement). Building on its success in various editions and anxious to get closer to the main markets of Bordeaux wine around the event also will plan to organize an edition in Los Angeles!
Focus on Bordeaux Rosé: For Bordeaux Rosés the “Bordeaux Wine Festival” will be placed under the sign of stars
Very promising, trendy and festive, the wine appellation Bordeaux Rosé never ceases to seduce and reinvent themselves to become indispensable in any season and at any time of consumption.
The Union of Bordeaux and Bordeaux Supérieur, as part of its aggressive/offensive strategy to promote the appellation Bordeaux Rosé, chose the Bordeaux Wine Festival to receive their Ambassadors.
The principle is : Many personalities, all native of Bordeaux or simply in “love” with the region, will come during this weekend for promot the appellation. Among them you will find: JEAN-MICHEL APHATIE, MARK DAUMAIL, ANOUCHKA DELON, NATALIE DESSAY, ANTOINE DULÉRY, SOFIA ESSAÏDI, FAUVE HAUTOT, LAURENT MARTI, LAURENT NAOURI, ERIC SERRA, CORINNE TOUZET…
For more information about the “Bordeaux Wine Festival” and for reservations please visit the official website.
Jonathan Choukroun Chicheportiche