Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival 2014
Second Edition of the Jazz Festival of Saint-Emilion
On July 19 and 20, 2014, after the success of the first edition (2013), the medieval city of Saint-Emilion will host the second Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival. This year there will be 12 groups, 71 musicians and 13 concerts… A program that promises to be richer and with strong emotions.
During these two days the various concerts will take place in three emblematic places of Saint-Emilion: the Salle des Dominicains (Gaudet Street), the Château Pavie (1er Grand Cru Classé A of Saint-Emilion) and the Parc Gaudet. Shaded areas, a gourmet market and a ephemeral wine bar will be offered during and between concerts. Discover yourself below the musical program that is waiting for you.
1. Saturday, July 19
- 12:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – Elephant Brass Machine (free)
- 12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. – Take part in the photo contest at the “Photo Booth” and try to wine 12 bottles of wine.
- 4.00 p.m. – Tasting Musical: Room Dominicans Gaudet Street – Saint-Emilion. Tasting of 7 1st Grands Crus Classés of Saint-Emilion, + musical interpretation Jacky Terrasson / Stéphane Belmondo. More information below (Price: 100 €)
- 4:30 p.m. – Jean-Christophe Jacques 4tet “Honoring Our Masters” 18.00 – Tri-Nations Guitar Trio (free)
- 7:30 p.m. – Franck Dijeau Big Band Swing Sessions (free)
- 9:00 p.m. – Frédéric Borey Shape Trio invites Christophe Maroye 22:30 – Bordeaux Jazz All Star 7tet, Tribute to Art Blakey (free)
- 9:30 p.m. – YOUN SUN NAH DUO: Youn Sun Nah (voice) and Ulf Wakenius (guitar) at the Château Pavie. The concert ponctura a free tasting. (Price: 45 €)
2. Sunday, July 20
- 12:00 to 5:00 p.m. – Elephant Brass Machine (free)
- 5 :00 p.m. – Frogjam (free)
- 6 :30 p.m. – The Foolish King (free)
- 8:00 p.m. – The Rix’tet (free)
- 10:00 p.m. – Madison Street Family (free)
“If your wine was a music … Tell us! ” That is the main principle of this unique event organized by the Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival in partnership with the Wine Council of Saint-Emilion.
Each owner of seven castles selected will be provide performances during the presentation of their wines. Every wines tasted by the public will then be interpreted by artists Stéphane Belmondo (trumpet) and Jacky Terrasson (piano). Musicians will improvise on the theme of the tasting they have themselves done.
Which are the wines to be tasted? 7 wines known and recognized for their quality Saint-Emilion are offered: Château Angelus (St. Emilion 1er Grand Cru Classé A), Château Cheval Blanc (Saint-Emilion 1er Grand Cru Classé A), Château Pavie (Saint-Emilion 1 Grand Cru Classé A), Chateau Beau-Sejour Bécot (Saint-Emilion 1er Grand Cru Classé B), Clos Fourtet (Saint-Emilion 1er Grand Cru Classé B), Château Troplong Mondot (St Emilion 1er Grand Cru Classé B) and Chateau Valandraud (Saint-Emilion 1er Grand Cru Classé B).
For bookings, please contact the Tourist Office of Saint-Emilion (05.57.55.28.28 or st-emilion.tourisme @ wanadoo.fr) or the team of Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival (05.57.50.48.86 or ticket @ saint-Emilion-jazz-festival.com)
Have a good festival experience! Enjoy !
Jonathan Choukroun Chicheportiche