Graves Wines Open Days
18th Edition of the Graves Open Days
On 18 & 19 October 2014, for the 18th edition of Graves Open Days 72 châteaux will open their doors and their bottles for you. The 2014 edition invites you to travel back in time to go to meet knights and gentlewomen.
As every year the program will be rich in events, tastings and other festivities. A Medieval dinner will also be organized on 18 October, at 8 p.m at the Maison des Vins de Graves. If you wish to join this meal don’t forget to book your dinner (here).
For those who want to come with children some animations will be specially organized for kids: coloring, vineyard tours by carriage, treasure hunts, grape juice tastings, workshops (confections of Arms), games …
- Competition with bottles to win (more information here)
- Medieval meal organized on Saturday night
- Medieval shows held on Saturday and Sunday (11 a.m, 3 p.m, 5 p.m) at the Maison des Vins de Graves
- Wine tastings held at the Maison des Vins de Graves (every 45 minutes)
- Screening of “Sacré Graal” organized on Friday (9 p.m) and Sunday (5 p.m) at the Maison des Vins de Graves
- Tours and tastings in 72 chateaux (list available here)
- Various events organized in the participating properties such as concerts (jazz, harp …), gourmet markets, wineries lunch, art exhibits and craft ….
You can download the list of participants chateaux in 18th edition of Graves Open Days and the program here.
Jonathan Choukroun Chicheportiche